While candidates in the listed locations are encouraged for this role, we are open to remote candidates in other locations.
At Treeverse, our mission is to simplify the lives of data engineers building data intensive applications. We’re looking for a data engineer to join our team and help us make lakeFS open source even more powerful.
The Developer Experience team is passionate about data, empathetic to the needs of developers, strong believers in using our diverse set of skills to explain our solution and use feedback from the community, and represent the data engineer persona in product conversation to drive a superb experience.
As a founding member of the Developer Experience team you’ll report directly to the VP of DevEx and work closely with teammates in Developer Experience, product, engineering, and marketing to ensure that Data and AI teams everywhere can achieve their goals.
What you'll do
Treeverse’s data engineer position is a technical, cross-disciplinary role:
The Impact you’ll have:
External Thought Leadership: shape the industry thinking about data lifecycle management with a particular focus on Developers, Architects and CTO’s. Drive adoption of lakeFS open source. Develop industry wide data engineering best practices.
Product Direction: Recommend notable changes in technology direction to Product/Engineering. Represent the developer stakeholder in product decisions, vision and roadmap.
Open Source Ecosystem: Identify complimenting open source technologies, assess their features and determine how they fit into our ecosystem. Work with the product team and engineers to prioritize and develop integrations.
Credibility: Establish credibility for lakeFS by engaging with critical C-level users, industry analysts, etc.
What sort of person are you?
It’s likely that you work as a senior engineer or architect, tackling big data problems. At least some of your career experience is related to data engineering, data operations, or MLOps. Your desire to share your knowledge with the world may have motivated you to write a book, blog, or speak at conferences. You may have pursued a different route to a similar position: for example, you may have worked as a product manager or a solution architect.
- Analyze new engineering concepts or methodology, convert it into a presentation or a series of blog posts. Work with the product to understand how this trend might benefit our products and prototype an application that could be used in a company.
- Take active part in open source ecosystems that complement our products and build sustainable integrations to enable better developer experience for our users.
- Develop data best practices and educate our community through online courseware, blog posts, tutorials and videos targeted at data engineers, data scientists, data analytics and other data practitioners.
- Participates in developer forums to troubleshoot and debug coding problems developers encounter with open source lakeFS.
- You are a software developer with expertise in data engineering.
- You are a solid communicator with experience writing about, teaching, or speaking about complex technical topics.
- You have a curious mindset and enjoy researching and investigating open source technologies.
- You have solid intuition, passion and empathy for technical communities which leads us to believe that you’ll excel in doing this with us!
- Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental, and vision
- 401(k) Plan
- Equity awards
- Flexible time off
- Annual personal development fund
- Work headphones reimbursement
- Business travel accident insurance
About the company
Treeverse is a startup founded in Tel-Aviv by experienced entrepreneurs and backed by some of the most prestigious VCs in the ecosystem. We are on a mission to simplify the lives of data engineers, data scientists and analysts who are transforming the world with data. We are a team of passionate data enthusiasts who love all things open source and aim to find creative solutions to big problems. Our biggest asset is our culture, which is based on open-minded team work as our top priority.
If you’re an Open Source aficionado who is passionate about building powerful dev tools that will disrupt the world of Data & AI – you belong with us.
Treeverse is a global company that works in a hybrid mode, allowing work from anywhere you feel comfortable. We have physical offices in Tel-Aviv and Campbell, California.