At Treeverse, our mission is to simplify the lives of data engineers building data intensive applications. We’re looking for an experienced data engineer to help us make using lakeFS even more powerful.
What you'll do
- Develop high end solutions to the technical challenges we will face when working to fulfil our mission using your deep knowledge of Spark and the Hadoop ecosystem.
- Maintain the product in production to ensure the best possible service to our customers.
- Collaborate with the product and lakeFS core development team to develop our offerings.
- Work in a trusted team and ensure others on the team feel safe and trusted.
- Be part of a fast-moving, fun, and accomplished team.
- 7+ years experience working as a software engineer.
- At least 3 years experience with Java/Scala and Spark.
- Must: Deep understanding of Spark’s internals (Query planning, Filesystem API, codegen, etc).
- Nice to have: experience with PySpark, Hive Metastore, Delta Lake, Apache Hudi or Apache Iceberg.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Passion for data engineering and for enabling others by making their data easier to access.
About the company
Treeverse is a startup founded in Tel-Aviv by experienced entrepreneurs and backed by some of the most prestigious VCs in the ecosystem. We are on a mission to simplify the lives of data engineers, data scientists and analysts who are transforming the world with data. We are a team of passionate data enthusiasts who love all things open source and aim to find creative solutions to big problems. Our biggest asset is our culture, which is based on open-minded team work as our top priority.
If you’re an Open Source aficionado who is passionate about building powerful dev tools that will disrupt the world of Data & AI – you belong with us.
Treeverse is a global company that works in a hybrid mode, allowing work from anywhere you feel comfortable. We have physical offices in Tel-Aviv and Campbell, California.