You will be a founding member of the Product Management team for the open source lakeFS project and lakeFS Cloud, its hosted version.
Your counterpart engineering and cross-functional teams are responsible for building a best-in-class Data Lifecycle Management solution that enables customers of all sizes to manage data through development, deployment and production.
What you'll do
This role requires coordinating all product activities from vision to implementation, including engaging the lakeFS community and lakeFS Cloud customers to understand their needs, developing long-term product strategy, defining product roadmaps, working with engineering to build those products, and coordinating with internal stakeholders (both pre- and post-launch) to ensure product success.
You may be a good fit if you have:
- 2+ years of product management experience with Data Engineering, Data lake and MLOps technologies (or a related data platform)
- Strong technical acumen, with a solid understanding of infrastructure, open source software and modern application architectures
- Strong user and market research skills, and strong focus on growth areas and competitive analysis.
- Ability to organize multiple stakeholders towards a common goal
- Analytical with the ability to prioritize and make decisions quickly
- Knowledge of AWS or Azure, including its data lake offering
- Knowledge of Apache Spark, Apache Trino, Apache Hive is a plus
- Engineering background and/or education – a plus
Attributes we look for in successful product managers:
- Humility and learning mindset
- Information seeking and self learning skills
- Explain and visualize complex ideas simply
- Excellent Written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Responsible and takes ownership over work
- Cross-team collaboration skills, works well with others, as part of a team
About the company
Treeverse is a startup founded in Tel-Aviv by experienced entrepreneurs and backed by some of the most prestigious VCs in the ecosystem. We are on a mission to simplify the lives of data engineers, data scientists and analysts who are transforming the world with data. We are a team of passionate data enthusiasts who love all things open source and aim to find creative solutions to big problems. Our biggest asset is our culture, which is based on open-minded team work as our top priority.
If you’re an Open Source aficionado who is passionate about building powerful dev tools that will disrupt the world of Data & AI – you belong with us.
Treeverse is a global company that works in a hybrid mode, allowing work from anywhere you feel comfortable. We have physical offices in Tel-Aviv and Campbell, California.