Do you remember what it was like for developers before data version control systems? That’s where the data world is today.. The costs associated with data consumption and management are growing, pushing organizations to replace databases with object storages serving as their data lake. While object storage is cost effective, provides high throughput, and a rich ecosystem of applications compatible with it, it is extremely hard to create resilient data pipelines for BI and ML, never mind collaboration over the data.
Meet lakeFS: an open source project that provides the object storage a manageability layer with version control capabilities such as branching, committing, merging and using pre-commit and pre-merge hooks. This allows data engineers to manage the data lake securely, just like the code repository they manage.
We’re seeking a highly motivated individual to become a Founding Team Member for the lakeFS Support, playing a crucial role in establishing and shaping the foundation of our support team.
What you'll do
As a Support Engineer at Treeverse, you will be at the forefront of ensuring the success of lakeFS customers.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Provide timely and effective technical support to lakeFS customers
- Troubleshoot and resolve user issues, communicating solutions to customers clearly and professionally
- Collaborate with the R&D and product teams to address and resolve escalated issues
- Design and implement incident management systems to ensure efficient issue resolution
- Lead the response to critical incidents, ensuring timely communication and resolution
- Create and maintain documentation, tutorials, and knowledge-base articles to empower users in resolving common issues independently
- Conduct training sessions for users to enhance their understanding of lakeFS and its features
- As the first Support Engineer, you will have the opportunity to lead and expand the support team as the company grows
- Solid experience with DevOps practices and tools
- Expertise in containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Extensive experience with cloud platforms AWS, GCP, and Azure.
- Knowledge with SSO technologies, and network options such as privatelink
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to think on your feet and troubleshoot effectively
- Proven experience in incident response and management, excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to articulate complex technical concepts
- A passion for helping customers and ensuring their success with lakeFS
- Team Player: ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams, including engineering and product teams
- Open to relocating to the US in the future
About the company
Treeverse is the company behind the open source project lakeFS. It was founded by data engineering professionals (Dr. Einat Orr and Oz Katz) with a long track record of innovating and delivering bleeding edge technology, and is backed by top tier investors (NVP, Zeev Ventures, Dell Technologies Capital).