While candidates in the listed locations are encouraged for this role, we are open to remote candidates in other locations.
At Treeverse, our mission is to simplify the lives of data engineers building data intensive applications. We’re looking for a technologist to join our team and help us make lakeFS open source even more powerful.
The Developer Experience team is passionate about data, empathetic to the needs of developers, and strong believers in using our diverse set of skills to explain our solution and use feedback from the community to improve the developer experience.
LakeFS is seeking self-driven team members who embrace challenges and feel energized by contributing to the open-source project. Chart your own course and take healthy risks as we work together to solve big problems.
What you'll do
Treeverse’s technologist position is a technical, cross-disciplinary role:
The Impact you’ll have:
External Thought Leadership: shape the industry thinking about data lifecycle management with a particular focus on Developers, Architects and CTO’s. Drive adoption of lakeFS open source.
Product Direction and Prototyping: Recommend notable changes in technology direction to Product/Engineering. Prototype early-stage ideas, explore practicalities of different software approaches and formalize new strategies for implementing them.
Credibility: Establish credibility for lakeFS by engaging with critical C-level users, industry analysts, etc.
What sort of person are you?
It’s likely that you work as a senior engineer or architect, tackling big data problems. At least some of your career experience is related to data engineering, data operations, or MLOps. Your desire to share your knowledge with the world may have motivated you to write a book, blog, or speak at conferences. You may have pursued a different route to a similar position: for example, you may have worked as a product manager or a developer advocate.
- Analyze new engineering concepts or methodology, convert it into a presentation or a series of blog posts. Work with the product to understand how this trend might benefit our products and prototype an application that could be used in a company.
- Develop data best practices and educate our community through online courseware, blog posts, tutorials and videos targeted at data engineers, data scientists, data analytics and other data practitioners.
- Participates in developer forums to troubleshoot and debug coding problems developers encounter with open source lakeFS.
- Grow our community by helping folks solve problems (StackOverflow, forums, etc), giving them a voice and recognizing their achievements.
- Collaborate with the engineering team to develop a blog series on data systems principles.
- You are a software developer with subject matter expertise in data analytics, data engineering and/or MLOps.
- You are a solid communicator with experience writing about, teaching, or speaking about complex technical topics.
- You have launched a developer product and grown a thriving community. Alternatively, you have solid intuition, passion and empathy for technical communities which leads us to believe that you’ll excel in doing this with us!
- Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental, and vision
- 401(k) Plan
- Equity awards
- Flexible time off
- Annual personal development fund
- Work headphones reimbursement
- Business travel accident insurance
About the company
Treeverse is a startup founded in Tel-Aviv by experienced entrepreneurs and backed by some of the most prestigious VCs in the ecosystem. We are on a mission to simplify the lives of data engineers, data scientists and analysts who are transforming the world with data. We are a team of passionate data enthusiasts who love all things open source and aim to find creative solutions to big problems. Our biggest asset is our culture, which is based on open-minded team work as our top priority.
If you’re an Open Source aficionado who is passionate about building powerful dev tools that will disrupt the world of Data & AI – you belong with us.
Treeverse is a global company that works in a hybrid mode, allowing work from anywhere you feel comfortable. We have physical offices in Tel-Aviv and Campbell, California.