1. About us
The LakeFS Demo software-as-a-service and related documentation as well as its support services (the “Services“), are operated by Treeverse Inc and Treeverse Labs Ltd. and Israeli corporation and their affiliates, the “Company” , “we,” or “us”).
Section 1 What personal information do we collect about you?
Section 2 How do we use the information we collect about you?
Section 3 What is our legal justification for using your personal information?
Section 4 With whom do we share your personal information?
Section 5 How is your personal information transferred outside of the EEA?
Section 6 How long do we keep you information for?
Section 7 How do we keep your information secure?
Section 8 What rights do you have regarding your personal information?
Section 11 Contact us
1. What personal information do we collect about you?
Personal information is information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular person. As you use the Services, we collect personal information directly from you and/or automatically generate it as you use the Services.
1.Personal information that you give to us
When you engage with our Services, we will collect personal information from you. Except as otherwise indicated below, the personal information you provide is such that we need in order to provide the Services. If you do not provide us with the requested personal information, we would not be able to provide the Services. Specifically, we collect personal information directly from you when you:
- Use the LakeFS Demo. When you press the “get started” button on our website to access the LakeFS Demo and use the Services, you are not required to provide us with personal identifiers. However, you may upload to the LakeFS Demo information, including personal information of your choice, while using the Services. We have no control over the types and categories of personal information you choose to upload to the Services and we recommend not to upload sensitive or special categories of personal information.
- Contact us. If you send us a question or inquiry or ask for other support, you will need you to provide us with personal identifiers (name, email address, telephone number). We use this information to fulfil your request for additional information or support from us. We may also use this personal information to send you communications on our products or offers we feel may be of interest to you, subject to separate consent, if needed under applicable law.
- Use of support services. if you contact our Support Services, we will need you to provide us with personal identifiers (full name, email address, phone number). We use this information to enable you to receive support services.
2. Personal information that we collect automatically from you:
Each time you visit the LakeFS Demo or use our Services we may automatically collect the following internet or other electronic network activity information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, domain name and country which requests information;
- Information about your visit and usage, through and from our sitetraffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and information provided when requesting downloads; and
- Location information, which may be determined through your IP address.
- Use of the Services. When you use the Services, we may collect for statistical and analytical purposes and on an anonymous basis on your use of the Services.
(a) Essential Cookies. We use essential cookies to authenticate users, prevent fraudulent use of the LakeFS Demo, and to allow the Services and its features to function properly.
(b) Functional Cookies. We use functional cookies to provide enhanced functionality and personalization, to remember your preferences, to diagnose server and software errors, and in cases of abuse, track and mitigate the abuse
Particular third-party cookies which the LakeFS Demo currently uses include:
- Intercom – a customer success/support tool that is embedded in the Service, used to identify the user and follow up on support questions and interactions, as well as track analytics events regarding usage of the platform. For such tool’s privacy practices see https://www.intercom.com/legal/privacy.
- Google Analytics – We use Google Analytics to collect information on your use of the Services to improve the Services. In order to collect this information, Google Analytics may set cookies on your browser, or read cookies that are already there. Google Analytics may also receive information about you from applications you have downloaded that partner with Google. We do not combine the information collected through the use of Google Analytics with personally identifiable information. See http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ for information about how Google uses the information provided to Google Analytics. You can control the information provided to Google and opt out of certain ads provided by Google by using any of the methods set forth here or using the Google Analytics opt out browser add-on here.
- we will collect usage information to analyze and display using Amazon AWS product such as Amazon Relational Database Service (Amazon RDS), Amazon S3 and Amazon Athena For such tool’s privacy practices see: https://aws.amazon.com/privacy/?nc1=f_pr
- data collected through cookies: anonymous usage information related to how users are interacting with the LakeFS DEMO.
2. How do we use the personal information we collect about you?
We will use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Accessing the LakeFS Demo and providing the Services –
- To allow you to access the LakeFS Demo and use the Services;
- To provide technical support;
- To ensure that the LakeFS Demo is functioning correctly and to monitor, investigate any bug with, and improve the LakeFS Demo and Services;
- For research purposes and for further analysis and statistics, where data will be anonymized where possible, to improve our products and services (for example, we analyze information collected through cookies which to help us understand behavior when accessing the LakeFS Demo); and
- To improve your user experience; for example, change the location of certain buttons in the screens.
- If it is in our legitimate interests, for business development and marketing purposes.
- To comply with any procedures, laws and regulations which apply to us – this may include where we reasonably consider it is in our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others to comply, as well as where we are legally required to do so.
- To establish, exercise or defend our legal rights – this may include where we reasonably consider it is in our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others, as well as where we are legally required to do so.
3. What is our legal justification for using your personal information?
- Our use of your personal information is necessary to perform our obligations under our contract with you in order to provide the Services of the LakeFS Demo; or
- Our use of your personal information is necessary for complying with our legal obligations: for example, if we are requested to disclose your personal information to regulatory bodies or law enforcement authorities; or
- Where neither (a) nor (b) apply, use of your personal information is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others (for example, to ensure the security of the LakeFS Demo).
4. With whom do we share your personal information?
- We share your personal information as described below:
- With our trusted service providers and sub-contractors including technical, IT, hosting, logistical or administrative services providers and insurers.
- To the extent required or authorized by law, if we think it is necessary to comply with the law or if we need to do so to protect or defend our legal rights, or the rights of others (including to investigate and protect our users from fraudulent or unlawful use of the LakeFS Demo or Services), we will share your personal information with third parties requiring information for legal reasons or third party investigators, authorities, regulators or law enforcement bodies.
- Your personal information will be shared with any of our affiliates where we consider that it is in our legitimate interests to do so for internal administrative purposes (for example, ensuring consistent and coherent delivery of services to our customers, corporate strategy, compliance, auditing and monitoring, research and development and quality assurance).
- Companies that assist us in our marketing, advertising and promotional activities; and
- Analytics providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of the LakeFS Demo and process personal information in the context of provision of analytical services to us.
- We will also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- where it is in our legitimate interests to do so to run, grow and develop our business:
- if we sell or buy any business or assets, we will disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if Treeverse or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by Treeverse will be one of the transferred assets;
- to establish, protect, or exercise our legal rights, as required to enforce our terms of service or other contracts; to defend against legal claims or demands; to detect, investigate, prevent, or take action against illegal activities, fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the rights;
- to protect the rights, property or safety of Treeverse, our employees, customers, suppliers or other persons; and
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, any lawful request from government or law enforcement officials and as may be required to meet national security or law enforcement requirements or prevent illegal activity.
- where it is in our legitimate interests to do so to run, grow and develop our business:
5. How is your personal information transferred outside of the EEA?
- The personal information will be used, stored and/or accessed by staff operating outside the EEA working for us, our affliates or third-party suppliers. These non-EEA countries include the State of Israel, where Treeverse Labs Ltd. is based and the USA where our cloud storage provider’s data center is located. This will be for the purposes listed in section 2 above, the provision of our Services to you and/or the provision of support services. Further details about who we share personal information with are set out in section 4 above.
- When transferring personal information outside the EEA, we will usually:
- in accordance with Article 46.2 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), include the standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission for transferring personal information outside the EEA into our contracts with those third parties; or
- in accordance with Article 45 of the GDPR, ensure that the country in which your personal information will be handled (such as the State of Israel, where our Treeverse Labs Ltd. is based) has been deemed “adequate” by the European Commission.
6. How long do we keep your personal information for?
- The personal information associated with your LakeFS Demo account shall be retained for seven (7) days, including the operational data such as access logs. After such term, your account will be deactivated and the personal information provided under the account shall be deleted. Creating a new Account will not restore your previously recorded personal information.
- Subject to Section 6.1 above and your right to have your personal information corrected, not further processed or deleted in accordance with section 8 below, the length of time we retain your personal information depends on the purposes for which we collect and use it and/or as required to comply with applicable laws and to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
7. How do we keep your personal information secure?
- We use appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect personal information against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration unauthorized disclosure or access. All information that is collected through the LakeFS Demo and Services is processed on secure cloud data servers located in the USA.
- In the course of provision of your personal information to us, your personal information is likely to be transferred over the internet and/or stored on a cloud-based server. Although we make every effort to protect the personal information which you provide to us, the transmission of information over the internet and storage in a cloud-based server is not completely secure. As such, you acknowledge and accept that we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to or automatically created by the LakeFS Demo and that any such transmission is at your own risk.
8. What choices and rights do you have regarding your personal information?
- Access or correct your personal information. If you wish to access the personal information we process about you, or exercise your rights in relation to such personal information under applicable law, you may contact us at email@example.com.
- Rights of individuals in the European Union:
1.3. If our processing of your personal information is subject to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you are entitled to request us to:
- confirm whether or not personal information about you is being processed;
- provide you with further details about how we process your personal information;
- provide you with a copy of any personal information which we hold about you;
- update/correct any of your personal information;
- delete any personal information which we hold about you;
- restrict the way that we process your personal information;
- consider any valid request to transfer your personal information to a third-party provider of services (data portability);
- consider any valid objections which you have to our use of your personal information.
1.4.We will consider all such requests and provide our response within a reasonable period (and in any event within any time period required by applicable law). Please note that those rights do not always apply and there are certain exceptions to them. We will also need to confirm your identity before acting on certain requests.
1.5. If you have a complaint about how we use your personal information, we would always prefer you to contact us first. However, you may also make a complaint to your local data protection authority in the EU country where we are based. If you are unsure which data protection authority to contact, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. Contact us
Last updated as of January 30, 2022
Copyright © 2022, Treeverse Inc. All rights reserved